Terry Enlow è un membro di Comunità Photologo living in San Francisco, California. “I have been fortunate to have lived abroad in London for three years from 2011 through 2014 and have visited more than 40-countries” – he says.
Come è iniziato il tuo viaggio fotografico?
I started my photo journey 25-years ago mainly to capture life events and have something to look back on in my later years. While it is not my main job it is a hobby that has evolved over time into a business venture that I expect to carry over into my retirement years.
During my journey I have been able to see improvement in my photography skills. Early shots were on point and shoot cameras like the Sony Sure Shot that was easy to use but did not take into account things like perspective, motion, exposure, aperture or shutter speeds. While I had the ability to find great subject matter and I had a good eye for an image, I did not have the skills to take night photos, light trails, wildlife in action or sports subjects. I would say my most improved quality is the ability to use light and capture more compelling images that have movement or require more complex camera settings.
Che tipo di consiglio daresti ai nostri lettori per migliorare le loro abilità fotografiche?
È ancora un viaggio per me, ma i 5/6 suggerimenti principali che ritengo importanti includono:
- Segui lezioni di fotografia di base attraverso il tuo negozio di fotocamere locale o l'educazione della comunità, questo è un ottimo modo per padroneggiare le basi del mestiere e dell'attrezzatura
- Non aver paura di sperimentare: un vantaggio della fotografia digitale è che puoi fare molti scatti in molte impostazioni diverse finché non trovi quelli più attraenti
- Shoot subjects that are most appealing to you. When you have a passion for the subject (travel, landscape, floral, wildlife, weddings, people, etc) you will stay engaged and hone your craft
- Don’t be afraid of using any variety of editing tools. These tools can give one photo many different personalities like color to black and white or correcting what the camera may have missed or captured (Noise, Sharpening etc).
- Take your camera everywhere. You never know when a new subject may inspire you and you want to be ready to capture it!
- Join a local photography club or artist guild to get feedback on your work and share in a community of others with a similar interest. It is amazing how much learning happens in these settings.
Qual è la tua materia preferita?
I am a travel photographer. I try to capture the world one image at a time and share my point of view. While my style started with travel it evolved about six years ago to include wildlife.
I am most proud of my photo essay of the humpback whales. Each year for the past 6-years I have traveled to Hawaii during peak whale season. The area is a whale sanctuary and there are excursions through ecotourism companies that take you out to view the humpback whales in their natural habitat. It is an amazing sight to behold a 40-ton mammal approaching your boat and interact with humanity. I have done this for several years and have captured them many times.
Come hai scoperto Photologo?
When I made the decision to start putting my images out into the universe I wanted to ensure that they stood out from so many of the amazing photographers that post images online. I also wanted my images to have a personality that was uniquely mine. Having been blessed to actually live life, my logo had to match that emotion. A proper logo was required to make sure it matched my passion. Photologo was the perfect and only choice for me to capture that feeling and I proudly watermark all my photos with the logo that was specifically designed with my input. I found Photologo through a Google search and it was the only company that sought my input and gave me options. I am thrilled with the logo and it has high value to me when posting online into the universe of social media.
Come valuti la community di Photologo?
Un vantaggio di un logo design di Photologo is the access to an entire community of like minded people who share their images on Facebook. I am inspired every day when I enter this community and see the talented images from around the world. I appreciate the validation from those that like my images and give me feedback. This community has also given me ideas as well as we share best practices which I can use in future excursions.
Il mio ultimo consiglio agli altri fotografi è di ricordare che l'ispirazione è ovunque intorno a noi e il mondo sta aspettando di vedere la tua visione del mondo.
I collegamenti di Terry
Fotografia di vita vissuta